Looking Back, Looking Ahead
As the end of the year approaches, we as a Leadership Team look back with gratitude and pride at the accomplishments of our families, staff, and community partners this year. Here are some of the highlights from 2022 at FamilyWise:
- Families continue to be incredibly brave, strong and resilient, sharing their experiences to make our programs better and communities stronger. We are honored to learn from and share their journeys with them.
- We kicked off a revitalized Parent Leadership program at FamilyWise that will lift up the wisdom of parents within organizations and systems across the state.
- Over 20 new staff joined FamilyWise in 2022, including two program managers, resulting in fresh perspectives, new skills, and expanded community relationships.
- We launched our new website, with information and resources that are hopefully more accessible to families.
- We were rechartered as the home of Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota by Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA) and learned about new opportunities to build our partnership with PCAA.
- Wraparound will be more accessible to all families in 2023 as a result of our work establishing medical billing credentials for Wraparound services in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Human Services this year.
- We exceeded our revenue goals for the Radiothon and Adopt a Family, expanding our impact on families and communities. These two events serve a dual purpose, raising awareness of the ways we can strengthen families and providing direct support to families and communities.
- Over 200 people deepened their knowledge and understanding of neurobiology, epigenetics, adverse childhood experiences and resilience (NEAR) by attending our Annual Growing Resilient Communities gathering.
Looking ahead to 2023, we are excited by a series of opportunities on the horizon for FamilyWise, including:
- Strategic planning for the first time since our merger with Minnesota Communities Caring for Children, building on our collective strengths and shared vision for our future as an agency.
- Moving into the implementation of the Parent Leadership program and further integrating parent leadership into our approach across FamilyWise programs.
- Returning to hosting an in-person event for Child Abuse Prevention Month in April in conjunction with the release of our second annual Family Wellbeing Index report.
- Continuing to create and support opportunities for staff advancement through strategic growth.
- Expanding the reach of Wraparound services for families who could benefit from the Wraparound program.
All of this amazing work in support of families and communities would not be possible without our donors and volunteers, our dedicated staff team, and our community partners. Thank you for your support!
Ann Gaasch, Chief Executive Officer
Anna VonRueden, Chief Program Officer
Kate Bailey, Chief Development Officer
PS. Stay connected to our 2023 news and events by signing up for our eNewsletter. Want to get involved with FamilyWise in 2023? Volunteer with us! There is still time to donate this year and to set up recurring monthly donations for 2023. Donate here.