April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month and there are many ways that you can get involved with FamilyWise this April:
- Read and share our first-ever Family Wellbeing Index Report. View the Report.
- View our video about how natural supports strengthen the wellbeing of families, featuring FamilyWise staff Anna VonRueden and Sheila Harris. View the Video.
- Celebrate leaders in prevention! Read about the 20th Annual Pinwheel for Prevention Awardees.
- Support statewide child abuse prevention efforts as a Child Abuse Prevention Month sponsor.
Read a proclamation in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month signed by Governor Tim Walz: State of Minnesota Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation. There were also proclamations made in the City of Minneapolis and the City of Saint Paul.
To plant the seeds of purposeful prevention, we’ve put together a list of Every Day Actions you can take to prevent child abuse.
- Educate yourself and others about child abuse and how to prevent it
- Address factors that contribute to child abuse, like homelessness and hunger
- Support a parent or child in your life
- Be an advocate for children and families
- Connect with FamilyWise