April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month and there are many ways that you can get involved with FamilyWise this April:
- Join us on April 20th in Saint Paul for our Child Abuse Prevention Month breakfast event! Learn about factors that promote family wellbeing and network with others working to strengthen Minnesota families. The event will be from 8:30-9:30am at the Wilder Foundation. Learn more about the event in this blog post. RSVP online or by contacting Kate Bailey at [email protected] or 612.877.7852. The deadline to RSVP is April 17th.
- Nominate a community or organization for a Pinwheel for Prevention Award in recognition of innovation and leadership in child abuse prevention. Read about our 2023 Pinwheel for Prevention Awardees.
- Read and share our 2023 Family Wellbeing Index Report.
- Read a proclamation in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month signed by Governor Tim Walz: State of Minnesota Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation.
2022 Child Abuse Prevention Month Resources
- Read our first-ever Family Wellbeing Index Report. View the Report.
- View our video about how natural supports strengthen the wellbeing of families, featuring FamilyWise staff Anna VonRueden and Sheila Harris. View the Video.
- Celebrate leaders in prevention! Read about the 20th Annual Pinwheel for Prevention Awardees.
- Read a proclamation in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month signed by Governor Tim Walz: State of Minnesota Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation. There were also proclamations made in the City of Minneapolis and the City of Saint Paul.
To plant the seeds of purposeful prevention, we’ve put together a list of Every Day Actions you can take to prevent child abuse.
- Educate yourself and others about child abuse and how to prevent it
- Address factors that contribute to child abuse, like homelessness and hunger
- Support a parent or child in your life
- Be an advocate for children and families
- Connect with FamilyWise