Interns are our backbone.
Each year, more than 50 student interns volunteer in our programs while pursuing their degrees or licensure credit. They gain valuable hands-on experience while helping our families achieve their goals.
Benefits of a FamilyWise Internship
- Year-round availability.
- Diverse program experiences which allow internships to be tailored to interns’ academic interests, skills and education level.
- Work with diverse families experiencing complex issues prepares interns for almost any issue or population they may work with in their career.
- FamilyWise meets most schools requirements related to direct family contact,
- Access to extensive supervision and training.
FamilyWise can support degree and credentialing requirements of:
Graduate programs in:
– Social Work
– Marriage and Family Therapy
– Counseling and Psychology
– Family Social Science
Undergraduate programs in:
– Social Work
– Child Development
– Family Social Sciences
– Human Services
– Other similar fields
Interns have the opportunity to work in the following programs:
- Supervised Visitation & Safe Exchanges
- Therapeutic Supervised Visitation (Clinical)
- In-home Parenting (Clinical)
- Young Parenting Services
- Early Childhood Education
- Parent Assessment Services (Clinical)
We accept interns throughout the year, not only according to an academic calendar.
Total hours required to complete our internships is determined by your school and academic program. Check with your advisor. FamilyWise requires that all interns complete a minimum of 60 hours.
Service learning student’s are subject to slightly different requirements.
Questions? Call 612.877.7826 or Volunteer@FamilyWiseServices.org
How to apply
Complete the Internship Interest Form and send along with resume and cover letter to:
Mail: Volunteer/Internships Coordinator
3036 University Ave. SE., Minneapolis, MN 55414
$500 Kressin Intern Award
The George Kressin Intern Award was established to continue the legacy of our former clinical supervisor. Only FamilyWise interns are eligible to apply and must have completed an internship by July 31, 2018 or within the past two years.
Applications for 2018 are closed. Watch for 2018’s winner later this fall.
To donate to the Fund, click here.